Iowa Lakes Community College has a long history of caring about the environment:
- In the late 1970s, the college started an Environmental Studies program;
- Construction Technology program has been including energy-saving initiatives for years;
- A decade ago, the college started the first class of Wind Energy and Turbine Technology;
- That was followed by construction of the college’s wind turbine which generates energy;
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) and an upgraded Water Quality and Sustainable Aquatic Resources Technology program were launched.
The Sustainable Energy Resources & Technologies facility has a number of energy-efficient features which, quite often, double as learning opportunities in the classroom.
- Agribusiness Technology
- Agriculture Production Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Boat & Watercraft Technician
- Construction Technology
- Farm Equipment & Diesel Technology
- Powersports and Power Equipment Technology (Motorcycle)
- Welding Technology