Iowa Lakes students may now be eligible to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance opens in a new window(SNAP) benefits. as a part of the federal COVID-19 Relief Package.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Attend Iowa Lakes at least half-time ( 6 credit hours)
- Have an expected family contribution of $0
- Work-study eligible
SNAP provides a monthly balance of funds to purchase groceries in opens in a new windowauthorized retail food stores via an electronic transfer card (similar to a debit card). This benefit will be available to eligible students until 30 days after the COVID-19 public health emergency is lifted.
If you believe you may meet these criteria and would like to access SNAP benefits, please follow these steps:
- Start an opens in a new windowonline application, apply over the phone (1-855-944-3660), or complete the opens in a new windowhard copy application (PDF).
- After submitting your application, you will be contacted by a Department of Human Services staff member to work on the next steps.
- During your interview, you will need to verify your eligibility by either providing a copy of your FAFSA information via the Student Aid Report, showing a $0 Expected Family Contribution, or receiving written confirmation from the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Follow these steps to access your FAFSA Student Aid Report with EFC:
- Go to the opens in a new windowFederal Student Aid FAFSA website.
- Select the "Log In" button under the "Returning User" heading and enter your account username and password (FSA ID). Only you, the student, should know or use your FSA ID.
- Select View or Print your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the "My FAFSA" page.
- Look for the EFC number on the top of the page under your Social Security number.
If you're in need of assistance accessing this information, please contact the Financial Aid Office (firstname.lastname@example.org new email or 712-362-7917).