(Estherville, Iowa) The 41st Annual Iowa Lakes Community College Reggie Schive Jazz Camp announces five concerts featuring Headliners and camp participants on Monday through Thursday, June 13 to 16.
The 2022 Headliners include Joey Gulizia, percussion – Omaha, NE.; Andy Hall, bass – Lincoln, NE.; Michael Gurciullo, trumpet and vocals – Scottsdale, AZ.; Rod Fleeman, guitar – Kansas City, MO; CJ Kocher, saxophones – Vermillion, SD.; Steve Smith, keyboards – Sioux Falls, SD.; and Dan Cassady, trombone – Manson, IA.
The concert schedule is as follows:
- Monday, June 13 – Headliners with the Dick Bauman Big Band – 7 p.m. at the Pearson Lakes Art Center: 2201 Highway 71 N., Okoboji. Tickets are $10 and available at the door.
- Tuesday, June 14 – Headliners Concert – 7 p.m. at Thoreson Memorial Park Shelter House: 6th Avenue North, Estherville. This concert is a freewill donation event in the park. Attendees should bring a lawn chair.
- Wednesday, June 15 – Headliners Play NOLA Jazz on the Queen II– 7 p.m. on the Queen II departing from Arnolds Park Amusement Park at 37 Lake Street, Arnolds Park. Tickets are required, will sell out quickly, and need to be pre-purchased. If inclement weather occurs, the concert will be in the Janice K. Lund Performing Arts Center Tickets in Estherville. Tickets cost $25 and are available for purchase at iowa-lakes.ticketleap.com
- Thursday, June 17 – Student Concerts – 3:30 and 6:30 p.m at the Janice K. Lund Performing Arts Center on the Iowa Lakes Community College Estherville campus at 300 South 18th Street. At 3:30 will be the Student Combo concert, and at 6:30 will be the Student Big Band Concert with Headliners. Admission is FREE. For more information about this concert, please call (712) 362-7902.
- Thursday, June 17 – Headliners Concert – approximately 9 p.m. (following the student concerts) at Little Swan Lake Winery, 1350 320th Avenue, Estherville (just north of Superior). Reservations are recommended; call (712) 858-4592 or visit www.lslwinery.com.
The Reggie Schive Jazz Camp at Iowa Lakes Community College is the longest-running jazz education camp in the country. Campers spend five fun-filled and educationally packed days working with world-renowned professional jazz musicians and educators.
For more information on the Jazz Camp and the headliners, please visit www.reggieschivejazzcamp.com.