Fund your future
A college education doesn’t have to be a financial nightmare. Financial Aid makes it possible to pursue your academic goals. Whether you plan to accept a loan or not, it is well worth completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application.
The FAFSA determines your eligibility for numerous grants and aid for all income levels as well as for federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans, all of which can be affordable ways to fund your education.
Completing the FAFSA form ensures that you are aware of the best student loan options available to you. Students who don’t use FAFSA often revert to private student loans, which typically come with high-interest rates. However, federal student loans have low-interest rates, and federal grants do not need to be repaid.
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Enter the Iowa Lakes Community College Title IV Code: 001864.
- After you complete the FAFSA process, you will receive an email notification from the U.S. Department of Education that your application has been received and is processing.
- You may apply any time after October 1. Please note: you must reapply for Financial Aid each year. No program of assistance is carried over from year-to-year.
- Once you submit your FAFSA and transcripts, you will receive further communication from Iowa Lakes either by email, postcard, or both.
Inside this communication, you will receive the following information:
- Instructions on how to log-in to your Iowa Lakes WebAdvisor account
- Details on how to access the Manage Financial Aid with Self Service
- Students should note that if additional information or forms are needed, they will be available within the self-service portal.
Before Financial Aid packages can be calculated, all required forms must be complete.
The following links and videos may be used as a resource to help students maneuver through the steps of completing the FAFSA and obtaining Federal Student Aid.
opens in a new windowFederal Student Aid at a glanceopens PDF file . A fact sheet informing students what federal student aid is, who is eligible and how to apply.
opens in a new windowCollege Financing Plan Templateopens PDF file . Students tool to help understand and compare school aid offers:
opens in a new windowFAFSA on the Web Worksheetopens PDF file . Provides a preview of the questions students and parents may be asked while completing the FAFSA form.
opens in a new windowDemo Line by Line Webinar. This Webinar provides a live demo of the 20/21 FAFSA.
- FAFSA Facts and Fiction: Get the Truth - and the Money You Need for College. This guide addresses the most common barriers to filing the FAFSA, especially for low-income students.
- Six Items and 22 Minutes: All You Need to Fill out the FAFSA. This resource addresses the misconception that the FAFSA takes a long time to complete and requires documentation that is difficult to access.
- Financial Aid Vocab Cheat Sheet. This glossary explains common acronyms and terms in the financial aid process.
- Job Loss and the FAFSA: Three Steps to Take When Your Family Finances Shift. This guide addresses the professional judgment and special circumstances appeal process and how to indicate on the FAFSA that a parent is unemployed.
- The FAFSA: The Most Important Financial Aid Form You’ll Ever Fill Out. This comprehensive resource incorporates elements featured in the previous guides, including a section on where to get help filing the FAFSA.
Financial Literacy is an essential life skill. It is particularly important for college students who will have more financial choices and opportunities to be made, on campus and in real life, than any generation before.
Iowa Lakes Community College understands that successfully managing your money will help ensure your success as a student. You will find resources and links that we hope will assist you in managing your money on this page.
opens in a new windowVisit CashCourse, a website designed to provide students with information on improving their financial literacy and financial well-being.
The resources and links on this page are designed to improve your financial literacy and will not specifically assist you with your financial aid award at Iowa Lakes Community College. For financial aid assistance at the college, please contact the Financial Aid office.
Iowa Lakes Community College recognizes census dates for determining enrollment status for each semester. (Full-time, ¾ time, ½ time status) Census dates are established as follows. Student’s registration/enrollment status is locked on these dates for financial aid purposes.
No adjustments will be made for classes added after these dates:
2020 Fall Semester: 9/3/20
2021 Spring Semester: 1/22/21
2021 Summer Term: 6/2/21
| Dianne Hough |
Financial Aid Office Associate
712-852-5267 Ext: 5267 | firstname.lastname@example.org new email
| Regina Marquez |
Financial Aid Associate
712-852-5276 Ext: 5276 | email@example.com new email
| Stephen Pelzer |
Director of Financial Aid
712-362-7917 Ext: 7917 | firstname.lastname@example.org new email
| Deb Weston |
Financial Aid Office Associate
712-362-7920 Ext: 7920 | email@example.com new email