English as a Second Language (ESL)
English as a Second Language (ESL) classes are designed to teach a variety of language skills to non-native English speakers or English language learners. These classes help improve competency in reading, writing, and speaking the English language. ESL classes offered at Iowa Lakes will allow you to:
- Improve reading, writing, speaking and comprehension of the English language
- Improve math skills
- Gain skills for the workforce
- Acquire an understanding of the American system of government, individual freedom, and the responsibilities of citizenship
Students interested in the ESL classes at Iowa Lakes must be at least 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in high school.
Get started today!
- Contact an ESL Instructor at the campus near you.
- Complete an application.
- Take Listening and Reading pre-assessments.
- Attend class regularly.
| Emily Murphy |
Adult Education & Literacy/English as a Second Language Instructor
515-295-8535 Ext: 8535 | email@example.com new email
| Nancy Ramos |
Adult Education and Literacy Instructor / Career Pathway Navigator, Emmet County
712-362-7965 Ext: 7965 | firstname.lastname@example.org new email
| Mariah Wills |
Adult Education & Literacy Non-credit, English as a Second Language Instructor
712-580-8646 Ext: 8646 | email@example.com new email