Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (ΦΘΚ or PTK) is the international honor society of students attending open-access institutions and seeking associate degrees, bachelor's degrees, or other college credentials.
Benefits of Phi Theta Kappa
For more than 100 years, the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has helped millions of high-achieving college students reach their full potential.
Phi Theta Kappa doesn't just recognize academic success; it also provides opportunities for students to develop emerging leadership skills, earn scholarships, and explore career pathways for future opportunities.
If you're a student of Iowa Lakes Community College and are considering becoming a member of Phi Theta Kappa, we invite you to look around, get to know us, and explore the benefits and opportunities that are available to Phi Theta Kappa members.
- Up to $90 million in scholarships available, nationally, to help complete your associate, bachelor’s, even master’s degrees
- Access to $46 million in transfer scholarships offered by nearly 800 four-year colleges and universities across the country
- Awards specifically for career-bound students, including some field-specific opportunities that cover the cost of certification exam fees
- Leadership and service experiences that will boost your resume, making you more competitive for both PTK and non-PTK scholarships
- Use PTK Connect to search for four-year colleges and universities that are transfer friendly and see the scholarships they offer community college students — including those exclusively for PTK members