With more than 30 clubs and organizations, Iowa Lakes provides a wide range of opportunities in pre-professional, special interest, social and community services. No matter your major, you have the opportunity to get involved in athletics, music or even our Student Senate. All of these avenues provide you with the opportunity to develop lifelong relationships and to interact with students outside of your area of study.
Academic & Pre-Professional Clubs
- Ag Business Club
- Ag Production Club
- Aviation Club
- Automotive Club
- Biology Club
- Business Professionals Club (BPA)
- Chemistry & Pharmacy Club
- Child Care Club
- Conservation Club
- Construction Club
- Criminal Justice
- Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA)
- Farm Equipment Club
- Human Services Club
- Hotel & Restaurant Management Club
- Marine Club
- Massage Therapy Club
- Medical Assistant Club
- Nursing Club
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Powersports Club
- Sustainable Energy & Resources Technology Club
- Surgical Tech Club
- Veterinary Technician Club
- Welding Club
Leadership, Social & Volunteer Clubs
Student Admissions Representatives, or Laker Crew, are a select group of Iowa Lakes Students who serve as hosts to our many campus visitors. We represent all five Iowa Lakes Campuses, serving both the college and surrounding communities. We embody the spirit and enthusiasm of the faculty, staff, and students, and we play an integral role in the mission of Iowa Lakes Community College.
The Laker Ambassador Crew strives to promote Iowa Lakes Community College to prospective students, alumni, and friends. Our school pride and dedication is exhibited through campus tours, student panels, leadership, mentoring, and supporting special events at the college and in the community.
What's in it for me?
As part of the Laker Crew, you will network with staff, faculty, new students and parents. $250 scholarship are available each semester you participate. It's a great way to get involved, meet new friends and have fun!
Want to be part of the Laker Crew?
Iowa Lakes students interested in applying for the Laker Crew should contact Madison Bolin at firstname.lastname@example.org new email or fill out the application below.
Laker Leaders is an organization created to assist in the development of future luminaries and pioneers. Iowa Lakes recognizes a shortage of willingness in students to lead. Laker Leaders will dive into what leadership is and help you develop leadership skills, all while providing practical real life advice with hands-on learning experiences.
- Best Practices
- Characteristics of a Successful Leader
- Culture of Trust
- Human Resources
- Life Long Learning
- Moral Characteristics Including Honesty and Integrity
- Public Speaking
- Servant Leadership
- What is a Leader?
Methods of Delivery
- Monthly Large group meeting
- Bi-Monthly Small group meeting
- Guest Speakers
- Film and other social media items
- Campus Activities
Application Process and Minimum Requirements
- Completed online application
- Full-time Iowa Lakes Student
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA at Iowa Lakes
Through its work, students can participate in the operation of the college. The Senate's objectives are:
- to provide comprehensive activity programs for the student body,
- to address issues brought before it by the students represented, to encourage interaction between students on the various campuses,
- to provide leadership in issues of citizenship and student rights, and
- to administer the student activity fee (with the consent of the Board of Trustees of the college).
The Student Senates at all campuses meet regularly to discuss college life, student concerns, and plan future student activities. The Student Senate also functions as a communication unit to keep the faculty and administration informed of student needs. Applications can be picked up at the senate office at the start of the fall semester; or online.
Requirements for Student Senators: must be a full time (min. 12 hrs) student at Iowa Lakes, maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA, serve as a positive representative of the student body of Iowa Lakes.
Compensation for Service on Student Senate: Minimum $150 scholarship per semester, attend one state conference each semester, build leadership skills.
Duties for Student Senator: Serve as a link between the student body and faculty, administration, and staff, plan activities for the student body at your campus or center, assist in college wide activities, attend weekly meetings and complete duties as assigned.
Special Interest Clubs
- opens in a new windowAthletics
- Disc Golf Club
- opens in a new windowGame Squad
- Instrumental Music - Band
- Intramural Athletics: Basketball, Billiards/Pool, Bowling, Euchre, Fitness Training, Flag Football, Golf, Racquetball, Sand Volleyball, Soccer, Table Tennis, Tennis, Video Game Tournaments, Volleyball Weight Training
- opens in a new windowMusic
- Vocal Music
| Bill Lapczenski |
Director of Auxiliary Services
712-852-5207 Ext: 5207 | email@example.com new email
| Katie King |
Head Softball Coach / Student Senate Coordinator
712-362-8367 Ext: 8367 | firstname.lastname@example.org new email
| Blake Viedenkamp |
Head Women's Soccer Coach / Academic and Student Senate Advisor/Housing Coordinator
712-580-8652 Ext: 8652 | email@example.com new email