Career Ready Internship Program
$15 PER HOUR • 10-30 HOURS PER WEEK • 6-12 WEEK INTERNSHIP
The Career Ready! Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for area high school students (grades 9-12) to obtain a part-time summer job while experiencing what it is like to do that job for a living. Work within your local community, and gain experience for your future.
As part of this internship opportunity, high school students will receive support in drafting an educational plan as well as assistance with the college selection process.
High School students participating in the Career Ready! Summer Internship Program must take part in an online orientation and complete a variety of weekly assignments, including the final project, a Career & Education Plan.
- Computer Networking
- Emergency Services
- HVAC Technician
- Precision Ag, including UAV Drone Pilot and Scouting
- Software Installation and Re-imaging Devices
- Transportation & Warehouse Management
- Water Quality Technician
- And MORE
Participating students will also receive 15 hours of Career Coaching classes during the month of May. Classes may be taken at the student’s school or on an Iowa Lakes Community College campus. Career Coaching classes include:
- Real Colors, 3 hours seminar
- Time Management, 2 hour workshop
- Effective Workplace Communication, 2 hour workshop
- Expectations and Accountability, 2 hour workshop
- Best Foot Forward: networking, communication, interview skills and more, 4 hour seminar
- Resume Writing, 2 hour workshop
Are you an area business Interested in hosting interns for the Career Ready! Internship Program?
Please note: Iowa Lakes Community College cannot guarantee intern placement within all career interest areas.