- Academic coordinator for the athletic department. Ensure student athletes’ academic needs are being met.
- Meet daily with student athletes.
- Supervision of team study tables.
- Assist with day to day management of the athletic department.
- Daily involvement with Swimming and Wrestling programs. Provide support of such programs based on individual needs of head coaches.
- Assist in the recruitment of student athletes.
- Assist athletic director with budgets, compliance, eligibility, and game event management.
- Housing Assistant – Live on campus.
- Responsible for dorm supervision and housing office hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication with faculty and staff of Iowa Lakes Community College.
- Professional represent college in public settings.
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, prospective, former and current students, and the community.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators and the general public.
- Possess skills in: reading, writing; listening and comprehending.
- Possess the ability to access, input and retrieve information from the computer.
- Possess the ability to work as a team member with other employees.
- Possess the ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communication.
- Possess the ability to effectively relate to a diverse group of students.
- Exhibit professionalism during competitive or stressful situations.
- Possess the ability to maintain a flexible schedule for home and away meets.
- Possess the ability to run practices effectively and independently when necessary.
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, with originals due upon hiring
Application: Employment Application
(Save document to your computer and fill in application. Re-save completed application and email as an attachment to Diane Friesner at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print out the completed form and mail it to Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.) ***
*** NOTE: Applications must be complete, including Employment Application Form, Applicant Confidential Information Form, Letter Addressing Qualifications, Resume and Transcripts (if required). See individual job descriptions for instructions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Diane Friesner at email@example.com or 712-362-0409